Book a Librarian FAQ
- What is Book a Librarian?
- How does Book a Librarian Work?
- Who is eligible to make an appointment?
- What type of assistance is available?
- Is there anything I can't get help with?
- Who will be helping me?
- How long will the appointment be?
- How do I make an appointment?
- How do I check my appointment time?
- How do I cancel my appointment?
- Do you offer instruction with computers or other technology topics?
- Do you help with genealogy research?
- Are there any other ways to get help from a librarian?
What is Book a Librarian?
Book a Librarian is a new service that connects patrons with a librarian for a one-on-one help and skill-building session. Sessions are available at both the Central Library in Greenfield and the Sugar Creek Branch in New Palestine.
How does Book a Librarian work?
Appointments can be made during business hours at the Central Library. Make appointments with our online form or call us at (317) 462-5141 Ext. 240. Please allow 1-2 days for response, especially when submitting questions over the weekend.
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is open to Hancock County residents.
What type of assistance is available?
We currently offer assistance in the following topics:
- Introduction to the library, how to search the catalog
- Research help
- E-mail setup
- Basic computer and Internet instruction
- Search for an ancestor, genealogy assistance
- Database assistance (ReferenceUSA, Auto Repair, Ancestry, HeritageQuest, Inspire)
- eBook/audiobook downloads and eReaders
If you need assistance with something not listed, just ask and we will let you know if we can accommodate your request.
Is there anything I can't get help with?
Librarians are not legal, medical, or tax professionals. Also, we cannot offer troubleshooting or maintenance help with your personal computers.
Who will be helping me?
Each request will be analyzed and routed to appropriate staff based on expertise and availability.
How long will the appointment be?
Each appointment will be approximately one hour.
How do I make an appointment?
Complete our online Book a Librarian request, or ask a staff member at the Information Desk. We will need at least 2 days advance notice in most cases.
How do I check my appointment time?
A Librarian will contact you to confirm a date and time. You may also call us at (317) 462-5141 Ext. 240, or use the Ask a Librarian chat box above for any questions you may have.
How do I cancel my appointment?
You may call us at (317) 462-5141 Ext. 240, or send us an email to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Do you offer instruction with computers or other technology topics?
We offer free online computer training from Atomic Training and CustomGuide. You can find these services on our Online Resources page.
Do you help with genealogy research?
We will be glad to help you get started! We have a number of resources available including microfilms and local newspapers. For more information see our Geanalogy & Local History page.
Are there any other ways to get help from a librarian?
Of course! You can always stop by the Information Desk to speak to a librarian, chat with us using our Ask a Librarian widget at the top of this, and many other pages, or fill out one of our Ask Us forms.