Please apply by May 18
HANCOCK COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
HOURS: Full Time 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8-5
Pay Rate: $18/hr
REPORTS TO: Business/HR Manager
Performs a variety of accounting duties to support the business functions of the library. Manages payments for the room reservation process and assists staff with purchasing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides accurate coding and processing of monthly bills and other disbursements; ensures proper authorization, adequate documentation and compliance with procedures; prints checks and processes for mailing; processes ACH payments through accounting system.
- Prepares materials for monthly Board meetings including copies of vouchers for payment of claims.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the deposit of money collected by the Library daily through circulation desk receipts and other deposits; and posting these receipts accordingly.
- Maintains overall responsibility of the bills and coins in the public copy and change machines. Deposits money collected from those machines.
- Conducts daily/weekly banking activities.
- Maintains financial records filing, of vouchers, check registers, deposit slips, etc.
- Manages room reservation process.
- Monitors level of office supplies and orders replacements; orders operating and maintenance supplies requested by other departments.
- Maintains adequate internal controls and confidentiality.
- Performs other functions assigned to position to ensure effective and smooth continuity of operations and transactions in the best interest of the library.
Education, Experience and Certification:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Accounting Software; Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software; Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Word Processing Software; BUCS (Accounts Payable System); Integrated Library System software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or listen and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment is a general office/library environment.
Responsible for cost, quality and budget/accounts payable controls; confidentiality of documents and records.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.