- When a patron cannot find an item that is due, that item can be reported lost and the patron will be charged for the replacement cost of the item. For high demand items such as DVDs, new materials, and materials on hold, the library reserves the right to replace such items when they are lost, damaged or overdue and to charge the patron for the replacement cost.
- Charges for material that is lost or damaged beyond repair will be the current replacement cost of that material if still available.
- If an item is out-of-print or the replacement price of the item is otherwise unavailable, replacement charges will be based on the average cost from library vendors.
- Patrons who have paid for lost or damaged items may keep the items. No refunds or credits will be issued.
- Patrons who lose or damage items loaned from another agency (interlibrary loan or lease) will be assessed the charges made from that agency. The rules of the owning agency will apply.
Back to Policies and Procedures